A comprehensive real estate services company that has invested in the Washington Metropolitan area for decades seeks a Project Accountant to join the Finance Dept. The Project Accountant is responsible for all accounting aspects of a select number of operating and/or development real estate projects and works as part of a team that also includes members of the property management, asset management, construction/development, and leasing divisions.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- financial statement preparation
- investor, owner and lender reporting
- variance analysis; budgeting; forecasting
- lease administration
- management of audits and tax return preparation
- oversight of bill payment and rent collection
- general ledger analysis and reconciliations.
- degree in accounting, a CPA designation (desired, not required)
- audit experience in a public accounting firm OR two to five years of experience in the commercial real estate industry
- strong organizational and communication skills
- be fully competent in Excel
- ability to produce under pressure with a strong sense of detail, accuracy and cooperation
Salary for this position is $75,000 - 85,000.
skills: $1 - 2 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.