job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
- Responsible for an intermediate level of expertise in analytical chemistry, chromatographic methods of analysis and instrumentation troubleshooting to execute projects and chemical analysis consistent with the goals of the department.
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 23 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Performs accurate routine chemical testing as well as chromatographic methods of analysis (HPLC, GC, TLC, AA) to meet departmental objectives.
- Audits chemistry SOP's and updates and writes new procedures to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Assists in the formal training of lab personnel on topics such as GMP, safety, antineoplastic and new employee training.
- Provides technical support for methods validations.
- Applies computer experience to perform data collection and analysis of testing data to meet objectives of department.
- Performs troubleshooting of instrumentation by applying problem solving skills and sourcing out literature or vendors if necessary. Assist Associate Chemist personnel troubleshooting difficulties.
- Maintains accurate records of all work performed with respect to a given project. Ensure documentation meets facility audit as well as cGMP or GLP requirements.
- Establishes work priorities based on schedule needs using own judgment and objective reasoning.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related field, with 1 - 2 years lab experience desired.
- Associates Degree with at least 2 years of lab experience with at least 5 years of directly related lab experience.
- Must have hands-on experience and knowledge of chromatographic methods of analysis (HPLC, GC, TLC, AA). Familiarity with cGMP and Federal regulations.
- HPLC experience is a must, GMP experience is a bonus
- Basic computer proficiency of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent problem-solving, written, and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
- Works to maintain a positive work environment and culture
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and project management skills
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, and integrity
skills: Chemistry, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.