Fortune 150 company with a 92% employee retention rate.
The Rolling Mill Process Metallurgist will be an integral part of the Blytheville team responsible for implementing Operational and Commercial Excellence. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgical, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years full time experience as a Metallurgist in a steel mill.
- Cold Rolling and/or Hot Rolling experience
- Prior experience as Process Metallurgist
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis
- Desire to pursue positions of increased responsibility
location: Blytheville, Arkansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop and implement area specific practices that drive world-class performance in quality, cost, and productivity.
- Provide technical assistance to the team and customers driving solutions in process improvement, product development, and efficiency.
- Create and facilitate training for the respective area to expand the steelmaking knowledge of the team.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Metallurgy (5 years of experience is required)
- Steel Mill experience (2 years of experience is required)
- Manufacturing (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.