A Supply Management Specialist is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Waterloo, IA area.
location: Waterloo, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $15.30 - 29.12 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
Basic skills needed:
- SMS will work closely with the ETEC team in India and RX Cost Lead to generate & review cost reduction ideas and provide timely feedback.
- SMS will ensure accurate direct material forecast in the My Projects system for their respective commodity.
- SMS will work cross functionally to vet cost reduction ideas for their respective commodity, ensuring a project plan is created and planning milestones are completed on-time.
- SMS will also provide tactical build support for CI builds in FY21 & early FY22.
- 4-year degree in any Business related field (manager is open to entry level candidates with a strong internship but prefers candidates with 2 years of Supply Chain work experience)
- Good communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Basic business financial acumen
- Ability to think strategically as processes will require critical thought due to variability in the projects
- Previous procurement experience preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.