Field Service Engineer needed for a leading manufacturer of metal and plastic products in IL. In this role you will be responsible for support operations and plant level maintenance on improving the uptime of Metal Presses throughout the division. Items such as Preventative Maintenance Routines, Critical Spare Parts Inventories, Rebuild Schedules, Coordination of 3rd party firms hired to rebuild or assist, and at time Emergency Repair and Rebuild of Presses onsite.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop complete understanding of the health of our Presses across Metals
- Develop a grading system to priorities TPM and Rebuild Schedules
- Develop and Ensure Critical Spare Parts for minimizing downtime
- Develop Plant Level Expertise in TPM & Repair and Maint. Of Presses
- Diagnosing error or Technical Problems and determine proper solutions
- Provide Timely and Detailed Field Service Reports on your findings.
- Develop Capital requirements to support Press needs for World Class Uptime
- Provide Emergency Coordination with 3rd Party Vendors to minimize downtime
- Provide hands on rebuilds or repairs to Presses when 3rd Party Vendors are not available or timely.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 10 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Field Service
- Metal Stamping
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.