Our client, an established leader in the marketing space is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to play a key role in the planning and growth of the engineering team. You'll be working with growing Engineering and Product teams to understand, and solve the biggest challenges that world-class brands face to engage their audiences.
As the team grows, this role will act as the backend lead for the business. You will have a strategic vision and can take a high-level 1-3 year plan for growth at a business level and translate that into a technology roadmap. The ability to manage and simplify complexity is the key to this role.
Upcoming initiatives include: intelligent/automated content ideation, content recommendation engines, and a new suite of content editing tools. This is in addition to supporting the broad company's ecosystem of technology that powers their popular and existing workflow and analytics tools.
Beyond the obvious technical and feature development, they offer something rare for engineers. The engineering department is dedicated to maintaining an environment in which learning, growth, exploration, and self-determination are not only accepted, but encouraged and enthusiastically pursued.
They were founded to create a better life for content creators and we are focused on bringing the best possible content into the world. They are looking for dedicated and thoughtful individuals who want to have a real impact on the organization, the creators and the brands they work with, as well as their own technical aspirations. Skills:
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Object-oriented programming and design including Model-View-Controller architecture
- Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals
- You want to be part of a growing and entrepreneurial company with proven users and business model
- You want to learn more, build your experience, and contribute within a fast-paced agile environment
- You have a focus on users and customers, and a desire to win in the marketplace
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Guide the architecture of the React based front-end applications
- Migrate existing server-side-rendered functionality to React
- Develop with a focus on performance and maintainability
- Work collaboratively with other developers, product managers and UX
- Lead and help set the standards of best practices for productive software development
- Produce solid, thoroughly tested features (including automated tests)
- Participate in code reviews
- Work closely with and mentor other engineers
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- React (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.