The Senior IT Developer is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of configuration processes, procedures, and solutions within the Stibo STEP Trailblazer platform. As a member of the team you will support. Your primary responsibilities will be to design, develop, and test incoming and outgoing data feeds, data modeling and governance, and system administration. You will also be responsible for providing technical consulting to management, business analysts, and technical associates, while working with the integration, architecture, and business teams to deliver solutions. As a Senior IT Developer, you will be expected to be a strong technical team member that can deliver high quality solutions independently, work collaboratively to share knowledge and ideas, and adapt quickly to the needs of the business.
location: CLEVELAND, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Strategy & Planning
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, create technical artifacts, and determine the most efficient/appropriate solution design, thinking from an enterprise-wide view.
- Identify impacts to downstream systems based on customer requests.
- Work with the architecture and integration teams to interpret, modify, and/or produce documented integration processes to ingest and/or provide data feeds to other business units.
- Work with Product Owners to perform card sizing, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and configure data-driven workflows, and develop supporting business rules.
- Identify and implement controls to improve data quality and governance.
- Facilitate product enrichment via development and maintenance of custom portals and spreadsheets.
- Configure inbound and outbound data integrations.
- Write test scripts and provide support during user acceptance testing.
- Prepare documentation for code changes.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Operational Management
- Support ongoing daily use of MDM environment.
- Support system upgrades and quarterly infrastructure maintenance.
- Collaborate with server administrators and DBAs in support of MDM operation.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentation to management, clients, and peer groups.
- Participate in project and communication meetings with clients.
- Provide support for critical application problems and issues.
- Contribute in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems.
- Analyze performance of programs and act to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Position Requirements
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Stibo STEP, or another MDM platform (Informatica, Oracle, IBM, Riversand, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with the entire software development lifecycle i.e., requirements, design, implementation, integration testing, deployment and post production support.
- strong understanding of MDM concepts, Object Oriented design and programming, data modeling, entity-relationship diagrams.
- strong understanding of pattern matching and regular expressions.
- Hands-on experience with SOAP and/or RESTful web services.
- Experience with version control systems such as git or subversion.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in working in an Agile development environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience with ETL tools (such as Talend).
- Experience with reporting tools (such as Business Objects or Tableau)
- Experience with automated testing tools (such as Katalon or Selenium)
- Unix command line and bash scripting experience are a plus.
- Personal Attributes
- strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to translate and consolidate competing business requirements into a completed solution or work product
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.