We are seeking a Senior Cost Accountant specializing in the manufacturing industry in the Chelmsford, MA or Elkridge, MD area. This resource must be local and open to being partially remote.
The Senior Cost Accountant executes and maintains critical cost accounting and production controlling functions to support Unmanned Systems & Integrated Solutions (UIS) plants in the United States. This role will work closely with plant operations to meet financial metrics and develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in driving success and long-term decision making.
location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executes and maintains standardized cost accounting, inventory control, and E&O processes across all UIS plants in the U.S.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly variances and understands cost impact.
- Performs inventory valuations, reconciliations and reporting.
- Performs month end account reconciliation and journal entries.
- Supports gross margin expansion initiatives and works closely with plants to deliver results.
- Reviews and monitors cycle counting processes.
- Works with the supply chain organization to improve KPIs such as on time delivery and cost of non-conformance.
- Manages relevant statutory reporting functions such as SBA and GTC De Minimis Calculation.
- Supports other UIS Finance functions as required.
- 5+ years of related standard costing experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, detail, and care in workmanship.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Business and finance acumen, understanding of the business, and interconnectivity of financials.
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Prior in-depth work experience with an ERP system is mandatory, preferably SAP.
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to utilize formulas.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.