Remote Finance or Loan Transactions Senior Attorney Editor
A major public company specializing in data analysis, information gathering and media has a need for a transactional banking / finance attorney with 3+ years of experience working with financial institutions' regulations or consumer finance regulations.
This is a REMOTE position approved to last for 3 months at 40 hours per week.
There are no set hours and work can be done when you wish.
There is a very strong likelihood of an extension beyond 3 months.
You will work from your own office/home and can be located anywhere (you need not be in NY).
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Law Degree
experience: 3 Years
You will be responsible for independently researching, writing, editing and reviewing documents to provide practical guidance on how best to accomplish specific legal tasks related to financial institutions' regulations or consumer finance regulations.
This role requires that you be a licensed attorney (any state) with 3+ years of experience working with financial institutions regulations OR consumer finance regulations.
Experience with one or more of the following (or related) topics is preferable:
Financial Institution Regulation:
- Regulation of financial institutions
- US banking laws
- Anti-money laundering, KYC, PATRIOT Act, trade sanctions, Bank Secrecy Act
- Basil III
- Federal preemption
- Margin rules
- Investments by or in banks
- Bank supervision
- Virtual currency regulation
Consumer Financial Regulation:
- Regulation of debt collection
- Consumer mortgage regulation
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Consumer financial protection (Federal)
- CFPB regulations and supervision
- Regulation of payday lending, online marketplace lenders, student loans, ancillary credit card products, credit cards, emerging payment systems, prepaid cards, etc.
- Fair Lending laws
- Fair Credit Reporting laws
If interested, please respond immediately for more information!
skills: Compliance Law, Legal Finance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.