A rapidly growing digital entertainment company is in need of a Contracts Manager to assist with day-to-day contract and legal operations.
This is a unique opportunity to join a start-up mentality organization in the exciting entertainment industry.
Work will be remote to start, but will resume in office in LA when COVID settles down, so you must be in the LA market.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Support due diligence, drafting, negotiation, analysis/review, redlining, documentation and processing of contracts prepared and led by counsel.
- Manage and improve contract signature process, which will include maintaining DocuSign approval/signature chain templates and forms, preparing signature icons, and responding to related support inquiries from individuals on the signature chain.
- Build, maintain, and improve project and contract databases/management. Tasks required will include, but not be limited to creating and improving various forms and templates, organizing, filing, syncing, and automating contracts / contract-related data and systems.
- Collaborate with other internal units (e.g., operations, finance, etc.) in relation to contracts processes, workflows, as well as to support contract compliance monitoring.
- Design, propose, and implement procedures and workflows that will streamline negotiations and contract/legal processes. This will require, among others, maintaining subject matter expertise in legal/contract process operations, and project/contract database systems.
- Provide contract support and training to internal stakeholders.
- Develop, prepare, and present reports as needed related to contract operations and business & legal knowledge management.
- Support other day-to-day business and legal operations.
- BA/BS required. JD or LLM preferred
- 2-5 years of contract / legal administration / management experience
- Experience using contract/project management software (e.g. DocuSign, Airtable, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong emotional, social, and cultural intelligence; ability to build relationships in a professional, personable, and inclusive manner
- A growth mindset and drive to think creatively and proactively with regard to strategy, workflow, risk, and problem-solving.
- Takes initiative. Skilled in prioritizing and managing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to speak/read Korean is a plus but not required.
Base salary of $80 - 100K; bonus potential; cell phone and wellness allowance; PLUS the employer covers 100% of healthcare premiums!
We are looking for a reliable team player that is highly organized and meticulous, takes initiative, spots issues, anticipates challenges, and keeps an eye on efficiency and scalability.
If you are thinking, "these traits describe me!", please respond for more information about this exciting opportunity!
skills: contract negotiations, Contract Law, contract drafting, Contract Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.