2016 Salary Guides from Randstad US
Reveal Jobs with Most Promising Salary Increases
Base pay expected to increase an average of 3 percent across all industries, with
in-demand jobs trending up to three times higher
ATLANTA – April 6, 2016
– Randstad US, one of the largest staffing and HR services companies in the United States, has released its annual salary guides
, which reveal that while most 2016 pay raises will average around 3 percent, certain engineering, information technology, manufacturing and logistics, and office and administration jobs can expect compensation increases of 6 to 9 percent.
Randstad’s 2016 Salary Guides unveil compensation ranges for top positions in numerous geographic regions around the country and cover the fields of engineering, finance and accounting, healthcare, human resources, information technology, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, and office and administration.
Some salary guides pinpoint jobs that show pay increases as much as triple the national average. For example, the following jobs in engineering, information technology, manufacturing and logistics, and office and administration showed the highest year-over-year national median salary increases:
- Engineering: electronics/computer engineer (8.31 percent); mechanical engineer (7.38 percent); quality engineer (7.36 percent)
- Information technology: network engineer (7.21 percent); software engineer (5.48 percent); project manager (3.87 percent)
- Manufacturing and logistics: electromechanical technician (9.29 percent); assistant plant manager (8.05 percent); maintenance manager (6.65 percent)
- Office and administration: office manager (6.68 percent); call center representative – general calls (4.55 percent); accounts receivable supervisor (4.50 percent)
The salary guides also highlight today’s most in-demand jobs, arming employers with critical information needed to build a strong recruitment strategy in order to attract candidates with desired skills:
- Finance and accounting: senior accountant; cost accountant; finance (financial planning and analysis) manager
- Healthcare: allied health; travel nursing; physicians
- Human resources: human resources generalist; human resources business partner; learning and development manager
- Life sciences: drug safety associate; clinical study manager; regulatory affairs CMC manager
To download Randstad’s 2016 Salary Guides and national salary trends overview, click here
Salary Guide Methodology
In order to create the most accurate salary guidelines, Randstad US combined its robust salary and industry information with data provided through the Economic Research Institute (ERI) to determine the average base compensation in select markets: engineering, finance and accounting, healthcare, human resources, information technology, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, and office and administration. The ERI is a widely known and respected provider of employee information, compiling data from over 565,000 organizations on salaries, cost-of-living, and job competencies in a multitude of industries. In several of these fields, Randstad US utilized its proprietary formula to adjust salaries based on key differentiators, which include geographic region and years of experience. After assessing the findings, results were utilized to develop the comprehensive salary guides for 2016.
About Randstad US
Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, a $24.5 billion global provider of HR services. As one of the largest staffing organizations in the United States, Randstad provides temporary, temporary-to-hire and permanent placement services each week to over 100,000 people through its network of more than 900 branches and client-dedicated locations.
Employing 5,300 recruiting experts, the company is a top provider of outsourcing, staffing, consulting and workforce solutions within the areas of engineering, finance and accounting, healthcare, human resources, IT, legal, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, office and administration and sales and marketing. Learn more at www.randstadusa.com
and access Randstad’s panoramic U.S. thought leadership knowledge center through its Workforce360
site that offers valuable insight into the latest economic indicators and HR trends shaping the world of work.