The Human Resources Manager/ Senior HR Business Partner will operate as a partner and provide generalist HR support, guidance and consultation in regards to HR policies and procedures with specific attention to staffing and employee relations. This position will support Field management and internal employees in his/her region or operating company and interact with other HR professionals across multiple operating companies including corporate staff.
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Provide day-to-day generalist support to field-based employees within his/her assigned operating company/ regions; coaching, employee relations, performance management, training, org design, etc.
- Provide proactive strategic recommendations to local management regarding HR policies and procedures that enable the growth of the local/ regional business.
- Ensure all global HR related policies and programs are effectively implemented and maintained within his/her territory.
- Effectively influence all decision makers within your service group, to ensure compliance with Randstad policies, guidelines, and strategic goals.
- Implement programs that seek to increase retention rates and foster employee engagement and high morale.∙May engage in recruiting responsibilities to include sourcing, interviewing, interview coordination with hiring managers, coordination of reference and background checks, and offer negotiations.
- Ensure adherence to EEOC and affirmative action programs and diversity goals set by the organization.∙Provide consultation and resolution support on internal Talent Relations issues. These duties include facilitating conflict resolution meetings, conducting investigations relating to Talent Relations issues and developing and maintaining documentation and records in accordance with established Company and federal/state policies. Represent Company at external hearings, as needed; Provide guidance and support to field management.∙Coach and counsel management and employees on Human Resource policies, procedures and laws to ensure consistency and minimum exposure to liability.
- Partner with the Benefits department to effectively and knowledgeably act as a liaison and facilitator.∙Partner with the Compensation department to effectively relay appropriate compensation and advice regarding salaries, merit increases, employee reviews, and all other compensation related topics.
- Partner with HR Information Systems (HRIS) colleagues to ensure employee information is entered and managed in a timely and accurate manner within system database(s). May participate, coordinate, and/or lead local HR technology initiatives that enable the overall business strategy.
- Provide ongoing feedback to all global and local HR teams regarding specific area needs, opportunities for improvement, etc. This position must serve as an effective "two-way" communication source between the field or centralized HR teams.
- Work closely with HR colleagues in implementing organization and global initiatives, and seek ways to operationalize work product
- Communicate regularly with your op co leaders, providing backup support as required, and help to facilitate communication across the team and organization.
- Adhere to all HR guidelines regarding the implementation, collection, and follow-up of I-9's, Safety Net Agreements, and Exit Interviews as needed.
- Manage confidential information
- Professionalism and diplomacy
- Strong ability to influence through data
- Resolves employee relations issues through a systematic approach
- Passion for results
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Analysis, planning, and consulting skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Organizational and Intercultural Awareness
- Ability to multi-task and work autonomously
- Growth minded
- Change Agent
- Must be knowledgeable of key state and federal labor and employment guidelines.
- A working knowledge of California and international labor laws (especially EMEA) is strongly preferred.∙A working knowledge/background in compensation, employee benefits, training, and HR technology is preferred.
- Manage occasional travel (10-15% overnight travel required)
- Attendance at leadership or organizational meetings as needed
- Attendance at HR Business Partner team meetings as needed
- Other travel as necessary and assigned
- The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in HR or business related field.
- Must have progressive HR experience managing multiple aspects of the employee life cycle such as recruiting, diversity and inclusion, employment law, learning and development, performance management, hris, etc.-Experience implementing employment law, conflict resolution and corporate compliance
- Minimum of 7 years HR experience in recruiting, employee relations, and/or organization development.-Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative, global environment, with a track record of accomplishment with measurable business impact and managing within a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated success conducting comprehensive needs analysis, organization design and development initiatives, implementing change models and developing organization structures while proactively driving ongoing optimization efforts
- Staffing industry experience or Human Resources experience within the service industry
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience using or implementing a robust HRIS tool is preferred
- Experience working in a global or multi region environment is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization is strongly preferred
What's in it for you:
- Largest global staffing leader
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Excellent benefits package - medical, dental, vision
- Generous PTO policy earned from day one
- Education and professional development
- Rapid career growth
- Retirement savings and security
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave
- Short and long term disability
- Employee assistance program and health advocacy
- Health and dependent care flexible spending account
- Metlife auto and home insurance
- Metlife legal plan
- Referral reward program
- Exclusive discounts and programs with dozens of nationwide vendors and retailers
At Randstad, we love to celebrate our hardworking diverse teams demonstrated through our ongoing commitment and diversity awards. Ranked as a 2022 DiversityInc Top 50 company, a Human Rights Campaign 2022 Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality, a Military Friendly company for Veterans, Military Spouses & Suppliers, and a 2022 Staffing Industry Analyst Top 50 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Influencer to name a few. We are proud of our collaborative culture which is at the heart of Randstad. When you join Randstad you will receive opportunities for competitive & robust benefits, flexible schedules, and the assurance that everyone can be their authentic selves. We are seeking candidates from all backgrounds and demographics and a variety of industries to join a winning team!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The base salary range for this position is $98,515 - $155,700.
At Randstad, we know employees that are cared for holistically have the confidence to bring their fullest potential to work, so we make investments in our people.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. Based on eligibility, a successful candidate's total compensation may include a variable pay plan including bonus(es) and/or commission(s). In setting compensation, Randstad complies with all local wage and hour laws and while the pay range listed above is an annual amount, non-exempt employees will be paid hourly and therefore receive the hourly equivalent.
In addition, Randstad offers rich learning & development opportunities, a 401(k) plan, a stock purchase plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance to uniquely fit your needs. Randstad also focuses on overall wellbeing with our award-winning wellness program, 18 paid days off in your first full year + 1 paid volunteer day and 9 holidays, and offers discounts on everything from cell phone plans to car purchases.