Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
As the FP&A Manager you will be responsible for the development of annual operating and capital expenditure budgets, periodic forecasts, long-range plans, and monthly variance analyses for assigned areas. In addition, you will coordinate the consolidation of the org's total budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning functions.
Reporting to the Senior Director, you will lead a talented team of three FP&A professionals and provide broad support for their day-to-day financial planning and budget support for departments and teams at headquarters. You will make recommendations and provide independent, substantive support to the Senior Director including the preparation of reports and presentations to management and the Board.
location: Chevy Chase, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Strategic Support - Provide management reporting and analysis to enhance the quality of decision-making. Review all management reports and analyses for accuracy and adequacy, identify and report on trends, monitor budget variances and timely alert the Senior Director on potential issues, engage in financial modeling and long-range planning, identify, and incorporate new measures into the planning and management reporting process as necessary, and provide ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Budgeting - Manage the process for developing the annual operating and capital expenditure budgets for assigned areas, in close coordination with various budget owners.
- Management Reporting and Variance Analysis - Ensure that actual spending is tracked in a manner that enables consistent monthly and year-to-date reporting of actual expenditures vs. the budget in a format that is most useful for business decision-making.
- Management of Capital Project Budgets - Assist various project owners in tracking the financial outlay on approved capital project budgets. Provide appropriate financial reports to senior management for these and other new projects.
- Forecasting - Manage the process of developing periodic forecasts for the full year, based on current actual expenditures and revised estimates for the rest of the year. Responsible for projections, analyzing and review of actual expenditures and recommending forecast adjustments as needed.
- Long Range Planning - Coordinate the consolidation of the rolling five-year, long-range plan as appropriate, in close consultation with various budget owners, including critically evaluating all assumptions with regard to historical trends and future strategic direction.
- Systems Implementation - Maintain the existing electronic budgeting model used to develop departmental budgets. Assist in the maintenance of Workday Financials to support the budgeting process for assigned areas. Review the existing long-range financial planning model and modify or upgrade as appropriate.
- Liaison and Customer Service - Build strong relationships with all budget owners to ensure collaborative efforts in preparation of budgets and forecasts. Serve as a resource to the budget owners and as the subject-matter expert on budgets, actual expenses and causes for variances.
- Team Building and Department Management - Provide guidance to and manage the performance of the Headquarters Financial Planning & Analysis team, ensuring that employees understand and contribute to the overall mission. Instill a strong sense of customer service among staff and provide direction to help them achieve it.
- Other - Provide ad-hoc analysis and perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director, FP&A.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting and Financial Analysis, practices, and principles.
- At least 5 years of progressive FP&A experience.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA and/or CPA highly preferred.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to prepare accurate and appropriate documentation, financial reporting, and variance analysis.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet analysis, presentation, accounting, and report-writing with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills to provide direction and motivation to staff.
Salary for this position is $125,000 - 150,000 + a full benefits package
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: $2 billion+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.