Are you ready for a change outside of Public Accounting? Tatum is working with one of our clients headquartered in sunny Jacksonville, FL to fill a Director of Internal Controls that will be responsible for setting up internal controls and managing day to day internal controls related activities and reports to the Chief Accounting Officer. This role is responsible for engaging with business stakeholders to co-develop internal control improvement plans, monitor the internal controls environment, ensure appropriate and timely remediation of deficiencies, and assessment of open deficiencies at year-end.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Works with leaders across the organization to co-develop a risk and control framework (operational and IT)
- Responsible for addressing internal control concerns.
- Serves as project manager for internal control improvement projects and helps identify where third-party resources are required for successful execution.
- Strategic management of all Internal Control Activities - leads internal controls improvement plans, monitors the internal controls environment, ensures appropriate and timely remediation of deficiencies, and assesses open deficiencies at year-end; providing regular status updates to Corporate Controller / Chief Accounting Office and other stakeholders, as necessary
- Coordinates audit activities with the external auditor- leads coordination meetings and year-end audit coordination (both IT and financial)
- Leads annual testing of internal controls
- Be the subject matter expert and champion for internal controls.
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) 302 and 404 - Experience implementing or managing a SOX program including assessing risk, the appropriateness of controls and collaborating with internal/external audit.
- Operational/Process Knowledge - A strong understanding of the primary business processes including Financial Close, Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash, Fixed Assets, etc.
- Internal Controls - Understanding of COSO 2013 and principles of internal controls and the ability to articulate this information effectively to business and IT stakeholders.
- External Audit Regulatory Matters - Experience working with external auditors and an understanding of regulatory environment (SEC, PCAOB, etc.).
- Technical Accounting - Accounting background with the ability to understand complex accounting issues with the proper research.
- Information Technology (fundamentals) - An understanding of IT General Controls as well as the basic operations of an ERP (Oracle Applications preferred).
- Bachelor's Degree is required with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, or Business / Management, desired.
- 6-8 years' experience managing and executing Internal Control improvement projects in finance, IT or operations, preferably within a Big 4 environment
- 2-3 years' experience overseeing resources including managing performance/evaluating talent
- Degree in Finance, Accounting
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification preferred
skills: CPA, Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.