Tatum is presently conducting a direct hire search for a Tax Manager for their Accounting Firm in San Diego. The Tax Manager would be responsible for the following:
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
Roles and responsibilities
- Facilitate and oversee all aspects of the tax return process, including client communication and meetings, preparation of tax returns, engagement letters, work papers, client meetings and review of staff prepared tax returns.
- Help train and mentor junior staff
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes and case law that has a direct impact on tax clients.
- Perform tax research as needed and be able to communicate routine and more complex tax issues to clients.
- Abundant growth opportunities and chance for advancement
Qualifications and skills
- CPA license required
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a public accounting practice
- 3+ years of supervisory and training experience
- Experience with year-end estate and trust work a plus.
- Proficient with QuickBooks- Experience with Lacerte, Smart Vault, CCH a plus
- Experience in setting-up 1031 exchanges and 754 adjustments.
For immediate consideration, please email resume directly to Jayson Glick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
skills: Multi-State Tax, Income Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.