Stable manufacturing company local to South Florida is seeking to hire a Senior Cost Accountant. All candidates must be local to South Florida with flexibility working 3 days in office/2 days remote.
The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for monthly and quarterly close initiatives, reviewing inventory cycles, processing physical counts, and support of budgeting and analysis over profitability. This role collaborates with other members of the Accounting and Finance teams, as well as senior management and other departments including Supply Chain and Operation's. This person prepares or posts journal entries; maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts, provides records of assets, liabilities, and other financial transactions. This person also ensures accuracy and compliance with all accounting regulations to properly interpret reports and accounting records for senior leadership.
location: Pompano Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost accounting function
- Manage day to day operations of the existing cost accounting function from management of current rates to monthly close and analysis.
- Development and maintenance of standard costs, which includes material costs, labor routings and outside processing.
- Coordinate, execute and validate semi-annual standard cost rolls to maintain a synchronization of current costs with standard costs with minimal variances.
- Proactive analysis of labor, rework, production and material variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management
- Coordinate regular cycle counts and annual physical inventory counts.
- Perform monthly inventory reconciliation, review excess and obsolete inventory calculations and distribute monthly inventory results.
- Develop metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers.
- Define policies and procedures for all cost accounting activities.
- Coordinate, execute and validate annual price lists for multiple sales functions of the corporation.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks concurrently.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a bachelor's degree in Accounting and, 3 to 5 years of accounting experience.
- BS in Accounting or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of experience dealing with costing principles and in a manufacturing environment is required
- CPA certification or willingness to pursue such certification preferred.
- Experience dealing with cost accounting issues. Experience utilizing MRP systems required.
skills: Cost Accounting, Inventory, Cost Reporting, Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards, Manufacturing Cost Acct, Standard Costing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.