My client is already a very large company comprising of 500-1000 employees with revenue of 250+ million. They are poised for growth and are looking to bringing on more valuable accountants.
This is a hybrid role, 3 days in the office, salary is up to 90K .
- Generous PTO/Sick leave and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Short/Long Disability
location: Miami, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Analyze departmental expenses for assigned departments and communicate with the respective Department Heads during month-end close to determine if additional accrual entries are required.
- Perform the accounting for certain international subsidiaries as assigned, reconcile the intercompany transactions and enter any adjusting entries needed.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations for the Company's more complex balance sheet accounts, which could include cash, prepaids insurance, accrued expenses, payroll, bonus, debt, salaries payable, and others as assigned.
- Cross-train on all aspects of fixed asset accounting, including maintenance of the Company's fixed asset register, proper recording of accounting disposals/additions and accurately calculating fixed asset depreciation expense.
- Assist with the preparation of the Company's Consolidated Financial Statements in accordance with US GAAP, including related footnotes, for review by the Assistant Controller.
- Assist the Assistant Controller with technical accounting research when necessary, including drafting of any related technical accounting memos for review.
- Act as a liaison with the Company's internal and external auditors by ensuring all information requested is accurate and provided on a timely basis.
- Identify areas for process improvement across all functional Accounting areas (GL, AP, AR, and Cost), and when necessary, create an action plan to improve efficiencies and successfully execute and achieve positive results.
- Assist with the preparation of the Company's returns reserve and managed care general reserve calculation on a quarterly basis or as requested.
- Obtain sales and redemption data to use for reserve analysis of coupons and 2ways-to-save marketing programs.
- Cross -train on the annual sales cut off process and record the related journal entries.
- Prepare and reconcile MOR (Monthly Operating Report) during month-end close process.
- Support preparation and distribution of monthly accounting management reporting package.
- Prepare schedules supporting the Company's financial statements on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Complete regulatory surveys and prepare responses to requests from various US and international agencies.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of physician payment information required under the Affordable Care Act (Sunshine Law) for the US and all international entities that require Sunshine Law reporting.
- Assist the Financial Reporting Supervisor with: The Company's annual goodwill impairment analysis; acquisition accounting and related due diligence when necessary; preparation of acquisition accounting journal entries and work papers for new acquisitions and implementation of new accounting standards when appropriate.
- Assist the Financial Reporting Supervisor with identifying, documenting and testing of internal controls for SOX compliance, as well as creating new operating procedures and review processes related to new entities, including recently acquired international entities and any future subsidiaries acquired through acquisition.
- Responsible for reviewing SOX narratives to ensure all information is current and revised when processes change. This will require working with all departments across the organization as well as other subsidiaries.
- Works in implementing new Accounting Standards, for example the new Lease Accounting Standard.
Bachelor's degree in accounting and 3+ years of experience in the accounting field. Knowledgeable with financial reporting and technical accounting. Experience with implementation of lease accounting preferred.
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information