A tech company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL is seeing a manager of financial reporting to join their team! This role will have supervisory responsibilities and will ensure the organization is in adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and will handle other regulatory requirements. The will ensure timely preparation and review of all required regulatory filings. Advise in annual budgeting and prepare accounting reports for executive leadership. Review work submitted by accountants and manage accounting close processes. Perform analysis on organizational or business unit financial and accounting metrics for presentation to leadership.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Oversees SEC filings including 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K reports, forms, and correspondence by ensuring accuracy of data presented.
- Coordinate with external auditors regarding SEC Reporting calendar and alignment on technical accounting issues.
- Prepares annual and quarterly financial statements and schedules included in the earnings release.
- Oversees accounting research and compliance issues relating to filings.
- Ensures financial statements comply with GAAP and SEC requirements, prepares and maintains all supporting documentation for financial statements and related footnotes.
- Ensure reports comply with applicable regulatory agency requirements and consolidate financial disclosure notes for inclusion in external reports as necessary.
- General responsibility for supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
- Engaged in the more critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
Bachelor's degree in accounting
Big 4 or Tier 2 Public Accounting Experience is preferred
Please click to apply or email Jenna.Jones@Tatum-US.com. I am actively interviewing and this market is moving FAST!
skills: Financial Reporting - SEC, Regulatory Compliance - SEC, Publicly-traded
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.