Tatum by Randstad is working with a Phoenix company currently seeking a Senior Vice President of FP&A. The Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), serves as an integral part of the Finance team responsible for the SEC reporting and the financial planning, forecasting and analysis processes. The role will also be responsible for Financial Reporting as well.
The role is a trusted finance to business leaders and executive team members and is accountable for SEC financial reporting, forecasting, due diligence and financial modeling. The SVP plans and directs all aspects of the company's financial reporting processes; s/he ensures that all filings, reports, and other official documentation complies with regulations including SEC and GAAP reporting guidelines. Stays abreast of regulatory changes, advises management of changes, and adjusts policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
location: Scottsdale, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $180,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Bachelor's degree Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or Business Administration required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required
- 15+ years of experience in accounting, 5+ years in FP&A and 5+ years SEC reporting with a public company
- Proven ability to create and own complex, data-driven financial models and analyze financials and metrics to drive business improvements
- Extensive experience with financial reporting of all public company required filings including 10Q and 10Ks
- Excellent analytical/quantitative and communication skills with strong executive presence
- Ownership mentality and proven track record to independently drive projects to completion, with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate thought leadership and excellent relationship management
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Exhibit the highest standards of honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Organized with ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision
- Provide oversight of financial reporting process including supporting information for external reporting including the review and preparation of all related consolidated financial statements, related notes, in accordance with GAAP and SEC reporting as well a management discussion and analysis and timing reporting of all required filings including Form 10Ks and 10Qs.
- Lead the budget and forecast process including generating and communicating periodic guidance, assisting with new initiatives, consolidating annual budget and quarterly forecasts and providing strategic and ad-hoc analysis to Executive Management and the Board relating to the financial performance (P&L, B/S, Cash Flow, KPIs).
- Provide quarterly analysis on capital allocations and assist with forward-looking projections for anticipated cash utilization.
- Identify and communicate key business opportunities, leading indicators of risks and advise the leadership team on appropriate actions.
- Establish and maintain strong business controls; drive increased visibility into expense risk areas.
- Work closely with leaders on refinement of the budget process, reporting and analytics enhancements and system improvements.
- Maintain and improve planning tools and processes including upgrades to the existing system or a migration to a new FP&A solution.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to ensure data integrity and consistency in data across the Company across various sources.
- Perform scenario analysis on forecasts for board level presentations.
- Review monthly consolidated financial statements and perform variance analysis and investigate differences
- Liaise with external auditors, legal counsel, Investor Relations, and various team members within Business units.
- Recognize, research and resolve SEC and GAAP reporting issues and be knowledgeable about emerging accounting standards and SEC Rules and Regulations.
- Provide training and development to the broader finance organization, where relevant.
- Other related duties as assigned by CFO and/ or executive team
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with 4% match; with NO vesting schedule
The company would prefer a local person but would relocate the right candidate to Phoenix.
Please send resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.