Essential Functions & Responsibilities
The Controller is responsible for the preparation and accuracy of internal and external reporting, supervision of the accounting team, budgeting, and developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP. This position is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner. This role requires expert accounting knowledge and is responsible for accurate financial reporting to Management and others. This position requires the individual to work independently to solve problems, develop department efficiencies and produce accurate accounting results. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities. The controller will have contact with senior level executives and the Directors which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. This position reports to the AVP of Finance and Accounting.
location: Oakton, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Compiles, analyzes and delivers a variety of financial, regulatory, and management reports including the monthly Board packet and other assigned reports. Compiles and provides senior management monthly financial reports and variance analyses. Works with stakeholders to build new reports and ensure accurate and ongoing delivery. Manage reporting inputs and outputs with particular attention to the underlying data that is used and ensure that the components are valid and accurate.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the accounting team:
- Plans and directs the development and the implementation of the accounting system to improve efficiencies
- Responsible for the management, direction, and operation of the general accounting and finance activities of the credit union such as the general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets etc. including updating department policies and procedures
- Administers the settlement of securities transactions and their cash flows, and managers the accounting and reporting functions for the investment portfolio
- Ensure that the allowance for loan losses, loan level detail reconciliation, and overall interest income verification are all accurate and appropriate
- Manages various department and company projects
- Administer the accurate data flow from the accounting department e.g. loan data to consultants, operational data to professional service partners, financial data to networking partners, etc.
This role is responsible for the employment, counseling, performance evaluation, training, motivation, and discipline of employees. Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with personnel and with management, and sets and manages the goals of the accounting team.
Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must be in full compliance with applicable FASB, and NCUA pronouncements and regulations.
Responsible for quarterly NCUA call report and other quarterly outputs to vendors and outside professionals. Responsible for the annual financial statement audit including the coordination with auditors, preparation of draft statements and disclosures, preparation and review/preparation of auditor requests. Serves as the primary contact for the financial statement audit.
Finl services exp
skills: $1 - 2 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.