Tatum, by Randstad is working with one of our high profile clients who is looking to hire a Corporate Controller who will have full ownership of the GL function including month-end close, inventory costing, revenue and expense processes, and financial reporting. You will manage the day-to-day accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and credit management. You will assist in multiple ad hoc projects and recommend new tools and technologies as we scale. In addition, you will lead a team of high performing accounting professionals. This is a highly visible position with significant impact to the company and reports to the CFO.
location: Pacific Palisades, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $175,000 - 195,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Manage the month-end and year-end close process; delegate specific tasks to team members to ensure a seamless operation
- Oversee all operational accounting functions, including monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, A/P and A/R, billing, reconciliation of accounts, G/L analysis, and ensuring timely cash collection
- Own entire revenue and expense process
- Prepare and/or approve journal entries
- Prepare and review GL account reconciliations and perform variance analysis
- Develop and implement process improvements and procedures to achieve efficiencies with month-end close and day-to-day operations
- Mentor and develop a team of accountants; hire and train new talent as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related field
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) required
- 10+ years of general accounting experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced in Excel and ERP platforms (MS Dynamics 365, Netsuite, etc.)
- Proven success in developing and leading a team of people using a collaborative management style
- Must have ability to roll up his/her sleeves and still enjoy the work. Must have "work hard" attitude, but also enjoy working in a flexible, supportive and energetic environment
- Ability to analyze and manipulate large amounts of data
- CPG experience is preferred (understands cost of goods sold, inventory, etc.)
- Big 4 or regional firm audit and assurance experience preferred
- Experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing environment preferred.
- Extremely self-sufficient; demonstrated history of owning and building processes, procedures in fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k and FSA option at your discretion
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
If interested, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: CPA, Dynamics, NetSuite Financials
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.