Join a well established public accounting firm in Howard County, MD.
Candidate must possess individual income tax preparation and review skills as well as an interest in personal financial planning with a goal of becoming a licensed financial advisor.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop data base for tax clients.
- Assist in tax preparation services. This may involve some data entry time, but mostly reviewing of tax returns prepared by other staff.
- Coordinate various administrative aspects of our tax firm including e-filing aspects of tax preparation, continuing education for staff, developing a quarterly newsletter and updating our website.
- Evaluate and implement various tax software programs for the firm as well as maintaining updates.
- Interface with other financial advisory associates at our firm and provide tax compliance to strategies being recommended to clients
- Develop a working knowledge of investment products including equity, fixed income and alternative investments and assist in the evaluation of various products from a tax perspective
- Become familiar with investment planning software programs
- Strong time management, organizational skills; able to effectively prioritize/multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well as cohesively with Financial Professional(s)
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Have a client-focused, helpful attitude
- College graduate with a preferred 3-5 years of work experience
- CPA and/or CFP designations preferred
- Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, and Excel skills required
- Knowledge of tax preparation software and e-filing
- Desire to grow your career in the financial industry.
skills: Individual/Personal Tax Planning
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.