Currently working with a larger 2B+ dollar public company that is looking for a Senior Accountant for their corporate accounting group. This position would support a few Accounting Managers and the VP of Accounting on a number of key areas within the GL functions and have good development and learning opportunity. Company typically also provides rotation opportunities as well. Qualified candidates will have 3-6 years of general ledger experience and month-end close background. Please apply directly for further consideration.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of supporting working papers including month-end journal entries, account reconciliations, GL account analysis and other financial analysis, as required
- Preparation of internal reporting documents as provided for management meetings;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the various accounting functions performed by the Controllers Department;
- Provide support with the external financial statement audit, SOX 404 internal control requirements and other reporting requirements; including liaising with auditors as needed;
- Support Compliance Group with SEC reporting, preparing footnote tables, analyses, narratives and other information as necessary;
- Prepare external statutory audit and reporting requirements related to Matson's domestic and foreign subsidiaries, such as benefit plans, insurance programs, and other requirements as needed;
- Assist with preparation and completion of ad-hoc accounting projects;
- Participate in special projects and assignments, as needed. In addition to those essential job functions identified above, individuals in this position are also responsible for performing other duties or tasks that may be assigned. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the essential job functions of this position at any time.
- Good knowledge of the general ledger and month-end close process;
- Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis;
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team in a fast moving environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Word/Outlook)
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.