Tatum by Randstad is working with a Denver company looking for a Director of Technical Accounting. The successful candidate will head the Technical Accounting efforts, including responsibility for researching complex technical accounting issues, writing technical accounting memos, revisiting our accounting policies including proposing updates and changes to those accounting policies as necessary. Leading and supporting implementation of new accounting standards, provide accounting consulting to our accounting teams as well as other groups, assist our operational accounting teams with complex accounting rules for revenue recognition, leases, impairment analysis, investments and acquisitions for our global organization.
location: Englewood, Colorado
job type: Permanent
salary: $180,000 - 195,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Carry out research on intricate and complex accounting matters in order to develop a fact-based conclusion to ensure suitable application of authoritative accounting guidance, including drafting relevant technical accounting memos to support these conclusions.
- Present issues, options, and recommendations to management, including working with our external auditors to reach a definitive conclusion.
- Through research of technical accounting literature, perform an evaluation of new accounting standards' impact to the company's financial statements to include working with other areas of the organization to understand current accounting practices to determine and conclude how new accounting standards will impact processes and procedures, as well as ensure controls over financial reporting are redesigned as necessary.
- Build relationships with many stakeholders from all areas of the organization in order to be successful - Executive Team, Finance, Operations, Internal Audit, IT, and Subsidiary Management teams,
- Support other areas of the organization to find solutions to unusual accounting matters that may rise from time to time.
- Take initiative with little or no guidance
- Reassess historical accounting policies, process and procedures to ensure established processes and procedures are aligned with current accounting requirements.
- Perform ongoing assessments for complex accounting areas such as impairment, fair value accounting, derivative accounting, etc.
- Assist external auditors as necessary, including completion of quarterly and annual audit efforts.
- Help lead coordination, review and analysis of valuations prepared by external consultants related to business combinations. Support other areas of the organization to successfully implement accounting processes and procedures related to acquisitions.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA - Active
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience, including past experience in a technical accounting role
- Master's degree in Accounting
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, and SEC regulations, IFRS experience a plus
- Public Accounting experience, especially if involved with "National Office" / "Technical Desk" of a firm, will be a significant plus,
- Prior experience analyzing and implementing new accounting standards across an organization
- Solid understanding of technical accounting, SOX compliance, financial statement reporting as well as understanding of a complex multi-level consolidating close process,
- Experience with international consolidations, USGAAP reconciliations and translations, including foreign currency accounting issues, a significant plus
- Prior experience with drafting SEC Comment Letter responses
- Excellent organizational and writing skills and be a self-starter that is able to work both independently and on teams
- A successful track record in getting to the right accounting position
- A proven ability to be decisive, resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Proven self-starter who doesn't need much guidance to get projects done in an excellent manner
Base salary range $180-$195K plus a discretionary bonus.
For fastest response, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
skills: $0-50 million, $1 - 2 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.