HYBBRID Cost Accountant opportunity paying up to $80k! This client is a global manufacturer with a presence in 7 countries. Their OEM products are used by some of the biggest brands on the planet and they are looking for help.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Controller and will be responsible for everything cost related. From maintaining COGS information to managing the cost accounting functions in their ERP to supporting bid projects and new program development, you will be involved in all aspects of the company's cost accounting process. This position offers great growth, personal and professional for someone who is a problem solver, curious and a self starter.
location: Waterbury, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Coordinate preparation of annual Pre- and Post- Can Cost Calculation
- Update raw material costs and create product cost codes for allocation to profit centers quarterly
- Month end accounting close support
- Support month/year end group reporting package.
- Support for budget process for COGS and variance analysis.
- Reconcile inventory and analyze/maintain appropriate reserve levels
- Provide operational variance account analysis
- Perform monthly, quarterly and yearly cost roll and update standards.
- Record and reconcile monthly sales.
- Management and maintenance of ERP for cost related items
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of related cost accounting experience
- Advanced Excel
- Access, BNA Fixed Asset software, Syteline and Lotus Notes are a plus
skills: Account Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Inventory, Month-End Close, Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.