The Payroll Manager will oversee the full payroll function for this multi-state, multi-state company. Great opportunity to oversee a small team of talented, established payroll professionals.
The Payroll Manager will manage staff to ensure payroll expenses and taxes are accurately paid and in a timely manner; also ensure payroll procedures are compliant, efficient and up to date.
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 5 Years
The Payroll Manager will have a wide range of duties including:
- Create systems to process payroll account transactions
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
- Assist in the filing of unemployment claims
- Ensure compliance with all relevant state and federal laws and regulations
- Motivate, develop and train payroll staff
- Coordinate with auditors
- Work closely with Human Resources (HR) and finance teams
- 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in payroll processing
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Coaching, mentoring and motivating skills desired
- Understanding and willingness to work in the details where necessary
- Disciplined approach in developing and implementing standardized processes and procedures to drive results
- Passion for results and improving the status quo
- Strong analytical skills related to commission plans
skills: Payroll Supv/Mgmt Responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.