Accounting Manager - Real Estate
A family owned and operated real estate development firm located in the nation's capital seeks an Accounting Manager. The firm's focal point is the renovation and ground-up development of buildings in the District. This individual will be responsible for preparing and analyzing accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports and schedules.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Financial Reporting
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Record monthly adjusting and accrual entries
- Forecasting cash flow and recommend capital calls and distributions from/to investors
- Prepare monthly financial statement analysis according to GAAP with variance reporting
- Compile monthly financial statement package with required supporting documentation
- Assist in the annual audit and tax return preparation
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Accounts Receivable
- Record tenant receipts against monthly charges
- Monitor tenant accounts for overages/shortages and past due amounts
- Process monthly tenant billings and other miscellaneous billbacks
- Accounts Payable
- Process payable invoices: review, code and acquire proper approvals
- Manage weekly cash flow spreadsheet to determine which payables are to be paid
- Record and process check and electronic payments
- Reconcile credit card statements and post to properties
- Assist management with special projects and other tasks as assigned
- Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in accounting.
- Experience with real estate accounting software preferred.
Send resumes to email@example.com
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.