Tatum by Randstad is working with one of our prominent commercial real estate companies and they are looking to hire a Property Accountant. The ideal candidate will oversee the day-to-day financial responsibilities for a designated retail real estate portfolio of approximately 8-10 properties.
The company has a very impressive portfolio and has been around for more than 40 years. They own several offices in many states in the US and manage tenants across 80 cities. The most unique aspect of the company is their ability to combine close relationships with communities by developing a hands-on engagement with their merchants and shoppers that create exceptional experiences for their customer base.
location: Calabasas, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $78,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly and annual financial statements for all properties and review general ledgers for accurate accounts receivable and accounts payable entries as well as posting journal entries
- Prepare and analyze any necessary supporting schedules in relation to the preparation of the monthly financials
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze annual CAM reconciliations
- Review leases and bill tenants as appropriate
- Review/analyze and respond/correspond to all tenant disputes related to CAM reconciliation/billings
- Prepare tenant adjustments as necessary
- Calculate CPI and percentage rent calculations
- Work with property managers to prepare the annual budget for each property as well as calculate tenant's CAM estimates
- Prepare lender reserve draws if applicable for the reimbursement of TI's/ leasing commissions and capital items
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 3-5 years of experience in property management accounting including the preparation of CAM reconciliations
- A high level of proficiency in Excel
- MRI or Yardi accounting software experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Team oriented and flexible with the ability to work well under pressure
This position will be Hybrid - 3 days in the office.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com
skills: Excel Macros, Yardi
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information