Accounting Manager - General Ledger
Currently working with a global multi-entity organization that is currently seeking an Accounting Manager that can oversee their general ledger operations and manage a couple staff. This position would take a lead role to support not on the accounting operations, but also be the key person on the team to support systems initiatives within NetSuite and provide process improvement. Qualified candidates will have both a strong general accounting background, leadership capabilities and NetSuite experience. Please apply directly for consideration.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
Summary The Manager, General Ledger operations provides an opportunity to grow your career and deepen your understanding of US GAAP and IFRS while developing and enhancing people management and project management skills. You will play a crucial role in day-to-day operations and systems and process improvements to streamline and improve current process and have opportunities to participate in cross functional projects. To enhance your managerial skills, you will have opportunities to directly manage individuals depending on your skills and career goals. What will you be doing You will primarily work with the Assistant Controller and Controller on the day-to-day operations in accounting and ensuring a timely and accurate monthly close. The role interacts continuously with the systems and operations teams to enhance and streamline our systems and processes as well as our internal reporting team who directly work with the external auditors.
The role will involve some of the below:
- Work on month end close process which includes recording, reviews, supervise and coordinate the team in month end close activities.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results in accordance with IFRS/US GAAP and global accounting policies
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation to reduce time to close and improve accuracy of underlying accounting records, primarily leveraging Netsuite and Adaptive Insights
- Provide ongoing guidance and feedback to the team through coaching and mentoring - Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems
- Lead or assist on critical accounting projects including the design, implementation, and maintenance of key finance and reporting systems
- Ensure accounting systems are stable and scalable to support the accurate and timely reporting of financial data
- Support month end process by booking entries and preparing reconciliations for more complex accounts
- Review and enhance reconciliations and related accounting schedules
- Design, implement, and maintain effective accounting processes, policies, and procedures
- Research, conclude and memorialize technical accounting position papers - Assist in building and strengthening the accounting team including via recruitment, training, mentoring
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related field or equivalent; 6+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA/Public accounting experience preferred and IFRS experience a plus. Prior people management experience a plus. Skills and attributes We are excited if you have the below, however, even if you do not all of them, but have the willingness and energy to learn we would like to work with you to develop them.
- Strong technical accounting background with a knowledge of US GAAP and or IFRS as well as experience with technical research.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and always seeks to improve.
- Passion and a strong interest in technology and process improvement.
- Experience in NetSuite and Adaptive Insights is a plus!.
- Able to synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Strong project management and process improvement skills and proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Energetic and positive attitude.
- Leadership skills with demonstrated ability to create a high performing team in a collaborative and complex environment as well as roll up sleeves and be a team player - Responds promptly to requests and queries, solicits feedback to improve service and meets commitments.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Detailed understanding and ability to work with multiple entities (90+) including a strong understanding of intercompany relationships; accounting, consolidations and eliminations.
- Experience with lease accounting, both operating and finance leases a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required.
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information