Our client ,a growing law firm in the NYC area is looking to add a Sr. Billing Coordinator to their team. The Billing Coordinator is responsible for the completion of all facets of the billing and collection function.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Administration of attorney billing responsibilities, including:
- Perform client billing and collection activities for assigned clients in a timely manner.
- Monitor aging of unbilled fees for assigned partners and/or clients.
- Monitor and manage outstanding accounts receivable, unapplied funds and collection efforts.
- Meet with Billing Manager, Billing Coordinators, and/or partners to discuss monthly billing, outstanding invoices and strategy for collections.
- As requested, handle complex billing and client driven requests.
- Generate Proformas for each assigned partner at the beginning of each month, after the time entry deadline.
- Prepare billing packages for each assigned partner (i.e. draft cover letters, invoices, etc.).
- Review Proformas for misallocated time and ensure time entries are in accordance with client policy.
- Communicate new/changes in client policies to timekeepers.
- Edit draft invoices based on partners' mark-up, including:
- Write-offs, in accordance with firm policies/procedures.
- Time/cost transfers; investigate appropriateness of where entries should be billed.
- Time entry narrative changes with respect to additions, corrections, deletions.
- Verify client specific rate accommodations and if necessary, apply approved discounts to the face of the invoices; keep track of volume discounts based on thresholds reached.
- Pull back-up of costs to include with final invoices based on a client's billing requirements.
- Generate billing variance reports and write-off reports; acquire appropriate write-off approvals based on write-off amount thresholds.
- Prepare electronic invoices using LEDES files; submit electronic invoices to clients via their designated electronic billing system and verify successful submissions.
- Establish working relationships with e-billing site vendors; make certain all timekeepers and rates are up-to-date on the sites; submit timekeepers and rates for approval as needed.
- Ensure three way communications between e-billing site, client and the Firm (as the e-billing site processes invoices based on the Clients' Outside Counsel Billing Guidelines).
- Track status of bills submitted, identify issues, and work to address rejections and reductions as they arise.
- Monitor payment of assigned clients' accounts receivable and coordinate collection efforts.
- Proactive follow-up with the Billing Manager, Billing Coordinators, partners, and clients.
- Collaborate with Billing and Collection Committee members and/or Financial Managers to coordinate billing and collection efforts.
- Provide assistance to partners and clients regarding outstanding and/or short paid invoices.
- Maintain/enter status updates in Firm's collection database.
- Communicate situations as they arise that may require follow-up, such as rate issues, delays in billing, difficult requests, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements
- The Billing Coordinator will have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business. 1-2 years of previous billing experience in a law firm of professional services company is required.
- The Billing Coordinator is expected to perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to clients and attorneys while producing a high quality work product. The ability to multitask and prioritize is essential.
- The Billing Coordinator must possess outstanding interpersonal skills in order to work effectively within a team environment, as well as independently. The ability to adapt to new assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment is required. Additional requirements include outstanding customer service demeanor and flexibility for possible overtime hours.
- Opportunities to expand responsibilities and progress within the Billing Services function are available for individuals based on strong performance and the desire to grow.
- MS Office with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Elite 3E
- Electronic Billing Systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information