Compliance Associate/Specialist (Senior)
Currently working with a global larger mid-size venture capital company that is looking for a Compliance Associate/Specialist (Senior) that can support the Chief Compliance Officer with internal controls/compliance work, SOX controls, COSO framework, and other industry specific compliance areas. Will be working on a variety of projects and needs someone that is a self starter and smart that can work with a variety of stakeholders. Qualified candidates will have 2-4+ years of compliance/SOX/Internal Controls work. Financial Service experience is a plus, but not required. Please apply for further consideration.
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
This full-time position is responsible for supporting theregulatory compliance program including testing and developing of internal controls (70%) and may also be required to assist with some other compliance and other non-regulatory reporting (30%).
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Maintain and improve the internal control program for NVP
- Develop detailed documentation of the NVP processes and procedures related to the compliance program
- Assist with COSO/SOX internal control testing and when necessary, control development
- Legal entity coordinator to assist with certain corporate filings on behalf of NVP
- Administer programs associated with internal compliance such as tracking outside board positions, attendance at trade shows/conferences and mandatory training
- Coordinate compliance with regulatory requirements
- Assist with internal audit
- Assist with public accounting audits
- Assist with tax estimates and tax return workbooks
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Organized and detail oriented
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional integrity
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Accountable - takes ownership of work
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to recommend and implement positive workflow changes where possible
- 2-4 years industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in accounting or finance
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Office applications with a heavy focus on Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information