Tatum Professional Search is assisting our client, a healthcare staffing organization, with their search for a Tax Manager to be a key member of their team! This position requires a local candidate to be on-site a few days per week.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Responsible for completion of the Company's Federal, State, and Local tax returns, estimated tax payments, and extensions for income and franchise taxes, property tax, and any other taxes as needed, and ensuring the Company is compliant with tax laws
- Responsible for sales and use tax
- Responsible for completion of the ASC 740 income tax provision
- Manages income tax credit programs including WOTC and other tax credit programs
- Responsible for Shareholder dividend calculations, documentation, and all corporate & shareholder communication
- Responsible for annual report filings
- Responsible for financial statement accruals and account reconciliations for all areas of responsibility
- Researches and documents tax matters and positions
- Identifies and implements tax savings opportunities
- Responsible for audits and other external inquiries
- Manages and develops a direct report(s)
- Responsible for assignments in the Tax Department
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary (could include business licenses, unclaimed property etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree required; Accounting major & CPA license preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant tax experience
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), required
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via excellent verbal and written communication skills
skills: CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.