The Senior Buyer will be responsible for services at optimum costs, consistent with considerations of quality obtaining materials or source reliability. The urgency of need and delivery timeliness is imperative. Manage and provide tactical and day to day focus on key aspects of the purchasing/planning process in support of Sales, Engineering, Inventory, and Operations. This position will be responsible for developing, maintaining and managing suppliers for materials, supplies, services and securing the best possible quality, delivery, and price in support of manufacturing.
location: Ormond Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Buyer will be responsible for assisting the Purchasing Manager in the daily
organization's purchasing functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the research and purchasing of raw materials.
- Generate purchase orders and manage through delivery.
- Expediting of orders and updating product status to ensure on time delivery.
- Negotiating best pricing for goods and services.
- Manage supplier performance and address negative performance as necessary.
- Data entry into ERP system.
- Assist in resolving receiving and invoicing discrepancies.
- Coordination of transferring material to and from overseas suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of raw materials purchasing experience in a manufacturing
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding, sheet metal fabrication a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook and ERP systems.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing procedures and Kanban.
- Motivated to work independently with attention to organization and detail.
- Ability to prioritize, address issues, follow up, and implement solutions as required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working within manufacturing and distribution.
- Strong planning and purchasing skills required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information