We are seeking Temporary Senior Accountants in the Greater Nashville area to join our team.
The Senior Accountant will prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports in accordance to US GAAP. Responsibilities also include (but are not limited to) analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports organization's finances to management and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Work under general supervision.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department's goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff's work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Communicate effectively with clients and outside auditors
- Assists with preparations for audits.
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
- Communicate with Manager and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance Preferred
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Minimum of 5yrs experience as a Senior Accountant or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Solid understanding of GAAP and applicable regulations
- Familiarity and experience with ERP Systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.