Our client, a leader in the natural health and wellness industry is seeking an experienced Assistant Controller who aligns with the Company's mission and wants to make a difference by supporting the Finance Department in realizing our vision for a heathier world.
location: Marina Del Rey, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Day-to-Day Transactions: Record sales, purchases, inventory, cost of sales,
payables, fixed assets and intercompany activity to produce accurate financial data
as needed. Perform month-end closing procedures, bank and merchant account
reconciliations, reconcile intercompany accounts. Maintain all accounting related
databases to ensure accuracy and timely availability of information to support
Finance Director in all financial matters of the organization.
- Account Analysis: Provide analysis of changes in revenue, expenses,
departmental spending, and balance sheet accounts and to alert the Director of
Finance of any changes that may impact the Company's financial position and/or
monthly revenue. Analyze account balances for fluctuations, proper posting in the
correct period and to the correct account.
- Calendar of Due Dates: Manage a calendar of due dates for tax filings, estimated
payments, business licenses and other filings, including regulatory agencies so as
not to miss renewals, payments, and filings as required by the various agencies and
to prepare for cash requirements associated with the various filings.
- Process Improvements: Provide suggestions and recommendations for process
improvement, implementation of procedures and controls to protect the assets of the
- Ad Hoc Tasks and Accounting Projects: Flexibility to provide the CEO, Director
of Finance, and other individuals with assistance and support on special projects
and research as needed.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an Assistant Controller or General Ledger Accountant
in a small to medium sized company.
- Expert Quick Book skills
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability to design and maintain complex
spreadsheets with formulas, pivot tables and vlookup
- Intermediate knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Inventory and Cost of Goods Experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional demeanor and cooperative attitude to interact with various levels of
management with varying personalities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous organizational skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- A multi-tasker with the ability to maintain composure and to work quickly and
efficiently with time sensitive conditions.
- Punctual with the availability to provide after-hours support if an as needed.
- Confident, resourceful, and capable of making decisions
- Must maintain financial confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to follow instructions and to be coached to success.
For immediate consideration, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.