Urgent Interim Controller role in Ft. Lauderdale, FL area! Controller will be in charge of company's accounting functions. Directly supervises others and manages/oversees the accounting activities.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Facilitate timely month end and year end close and perform daily operations regarding accounting financial transactions.
- Manage staff including hands on month-end closing, reconciliations, financial reporting and analysis, accounts payable, financial statement preparation.
- Manage cost accounting and inventory, revenue recognition, cash flow and financial projections.
- Coordinate with outside accounting firm on year end audit and corporate tax compliance, federal, state and local tax filings.
- Review journal entries, reconciliations and maintain supporting documentation as appropriate.
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of accounting operations.
- Assist with audits, research technical accounting issues.
- Miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 8+ years of combined experience in accounting
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Prior manufacturing industry and managerial experience
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft office software and advance Excel skills.
- Great Plains software experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required.
- Working knowledge of accounts payable and accounts receivable and payroll functions desired, as well as general ledger including journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
skills: General Ledger, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.