About the job
Title: Senior Accounting Specialist
Salary: $55k - 65k + Benefits
Working Arrangement: Onsite
Company Size: $20M with steady growth
Benefits: 401k / Medical / Dental / Vision / PTO / Life Insurance
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Seeking a Senior Accounting Specialist to join the team of a fast-paced growing manufacturing company. This role will be responsible for timely accounts payable/receivable, logistic in-/out-bound reconciliation, expense reports, collections, travel expense and support.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or an Associate's Degree with relevant experience
- 1-3 years of general accounting, payroll, accounts receivable, collections and accounts payable.
- NetSuite or similar ERP software suite
- Understanding of GAAP
- Cost Accounting experience
- A/P: Monitor all vendor payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc. Continue to improve the accounts payable process.
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Process invoices that relate PO's and non-PO related invoices.
- Adhere to month-end and reconciliation of general ledger deadlines.
- Files all processed AP payments weekly
- Reconcile invoices to weekly wire transfers payment runs for AP disbursement.
- Assist in processing of weekly Check/ACH/Expense payment run.
- Assist with AP accruals at month-end.
- Review any open PO reports and seek missing invoices.
- Scan and label documents for permanent record into NetSuite ERP system.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Accounts Receivable - Maintain the billing system - accounts receivable files and records, generate invoices, account statements, and perform account reconciliations.
- Investigate and resolve customer chargebacks, irregularities or inquiries.
- Post customer payments and non-AR checks to the appropriate accounts.
- Prepare Non-AR deposits
- Apply customer payments to the appropriate invoices
- Research and resolve cash application issues for external and internal customers.
- Analyze financial data and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Maintain internal controls.
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue.
- Process W9, ST3 and 1099's
- Other Accounting duties as needed.
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.