Accountant - Currently looking for an Accountant for an established and growing real estate investment company. This individual will support the corporate accounting team with various reconciliations, month-end close and support for reporting. Qualified candidates will have 1-2 years of accounting experience and have majored in accounting, finance or related field. Please apply for further consideration.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
The primary purpose of the Accountant position is to assist the accounting team in maintaining accurate books and managing day-to-day financial operations in accordance with the accounting policies and procedures.
Scope of Primary Responsibilities:
- Maintain journal entries, bank and general ledger reconciliations for partnership and fund investments and monthly closes.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and other regulatory filings.
- Record and reconcile investor capital activity and investment entity activity.
- Research and identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records, communicate them to management, and provide corrective actions.
- Process monthly close process, including performing reviews and preparing reconciliations.
- Work with investor relations team to address investor inquiries or requests and ensure investor portal is up to date regarding capital contributions and distributions and assist team in maintaining investment records among accounting and investor portal systems.
- Prepare investment funding requests, wires, and internal transfers, in a timely manner.
- Maintain organized and thorough accounting documentation.
- Respond to internal inquiries in a timely fashion and prepare ad-hoc reports requested by management/other departments.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) basis accounting required.
- Ability to apply US GAAP required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook required.
- Prior working experience in real estate accounting desired.
- Fund experience preferred.
- Proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and complete assigned tasks accurately, timely and consistently.
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines timely, accurately, and consistently.
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.