A growing Not for Profit Company is expanding their Accounting team and they are looking to bring on a Senior Accountant. This organization offers an excellent work life balance, and they are looking to hire ASAP
location: West Harrison, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Work in collaboration with the Controller & CFO to support the Business Office and to manage all accounting policies and procedures, ensuring a strong system of internal controls.
- Reconcile all cash and investment accounts on a monthly basis
- Monitor daily bank activities; record automatic charges and credits.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to Development department on a monthly basis
- Assist with monthly closings and the preparation of financial statements.
- Maintain fixed asset depreciation schedule and record quarterly activity
- Prepare and distribute year-to-date expenditures and remaining annual budget to all department heads on a monthly basis
- Generate journal entries to reflect the revenue and accounts receivable balances in the general ledger
- Prepare semimonthly payrolls for all exempt and nonexempt employees as well as related payroll journal entries
- Assist Human Resources Department and Controller with payroll changes and calculate complex compensation prorations
- Research and resolve payroll discrepancies in conjunction with the HR Department
- Prepare semi-monthly list of retirement plan contributions
- Assist Controller in preparation of all documents for the annual audit and work with independent auditors in the preparation of annual financial statements, schedules, and tax returns
- Track and manage all insurance documentation received
- Perform other duties as assigned by Controller and/or CFO
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in accounting required; CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in non-profit accounting or finance required
- Advanced Excel proficiency required
- Must be able to report via Excel and Word and possess excellent computer skills including the ability to understand computerized accounting systems at a proficient level.
- Blackbaud/Financial Edge Knowledge strongly preferred
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Be able to analyze fiscal data and report it in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to detail and ability to take initiative and work collaboratively when appropriate
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Be able to organize work and set priorities to meet changing deadlines
- Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all team members
skills: Bank Reconciliations, Blackbaud
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.