Tatum by Randstad is working with a global leader in the mobility products and services industry. Their business centers around elevators, escalators, and moving walk installation, modernization, and service call. Their mission is to make life easier with reliable products, proactive communication, and an expansive on-the-ground service network.
They are in search for a Payroll Supervisor to join their team in the Atlanta office.
This is a hybrid opportunity with 3 days in the office and 2 days WFH. Located in Atlanta, GA.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $78,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Supervisor the work of five payroll specialists, overseeing payroll processing functions within ADP Enterprise, including proper computation of paychecks, weekly performance of audit controls and ensuring proper sign-offs are documented
- Coordinates with Payroll Tax Supervisor on tax reviews of payroll runs, off cycles and assistance with processing entries done by the tax team for relocations, third party sick pay and balance adjustments
- Accountable for the handling of special audit requests, subpoenas for information and risk claims
- Assists the Payroll Manager and Payroll Systems Analyst on the rollout of system upgrades, patches, regression testing, export interface maintenance and reporting
- Manages relationship between TKE and union to ensure proper handling of payments, files and correspondence
- Assists Payroll Manager with performance reviews and annual merit recommendations
- Backup for Payroll Manager and Payroll Tax Supervisor t o provide linear continuity of leadership during planned or unplanned absences
- Assist with the recording of metrics for payroll data flow/accuracy and KPIs
- Prepare and provide monthly reports to various key contacts to support payroll-generated GL entries
- Assist Corporate Accounting with reconciliation of payroll-related GL accounts and provide backup data and support for items that require further explanation
- Ensure all processes, procedures and internal controls are adhered to.
- Handles the transmission of payroll-related data to various venders and prepares AP requests to maintain timely remittance of funds
- Serves as subject matter expert on all established payroll operations processes
- Assists Payroll Manager and Payroll Director with research and projects, as needed, related to payroll matters
- Remains current on changing legislation as it pertains to payroll procedures and compliance
- Works with Corporate Accounting and external auditors to meet company requirements related to deadlines for AUP audits and other federal and/or state agency audits
- Assists with other payroll functions, as needed.
- 10 years of payroll experience with 5000+ employees
- 2 years of Supervisory experience
- 5 years multi-state with locals
- 4 Year Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- CPP required
- Union payroll experience highly preferred
- ADP Enterprise Experience preferred
- Ability to manage direct reports both virtually and in person
- Aptitude for Problem Solving/Critical-Thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to explain complex subjects in simple terms
- Proactive to problem solving
- Highly ethical, analytical, team-oriented, flexible, inquisitive and logical
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
skills: Manual Payroll System
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.