Our client is an Architectural and Engineering Firm, and Project Management, Facilities Management Firm. They provide and implement innovative, sustainable solutions in transportation, aviation, water, energy efficiency and technology. They employ the most experienced and highly accredited professional engineers, architects and software technicians.
?Salary $70K-$90K, 4% 401K match and full benefits package!
They are looking for a Senior Accountant to support the accounting functions of our rapidly growing organization. A background in Project Accounting is necessary and experience working in the A/E/C Industry is preferable. The right candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and capable of independent work. They will also be comfortable working with a skilled Accounting Team.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
They are seeking a Senior Accountant that will be directly responsible for accounting and finance functions reporting directly to the Controller.
- Prepare invoices for all assigned projects on a monthly, interim, and milestone basis
- Prepare pay applications for all projects based on billing schedules
- Prepare monthly construction progress billing documents including schedule of values, sworn statements and waivers of lien as required by contract
- Enter budgets for new projects as determined by Project Managers and other members of the estimating team
- Understand the nature of the project cost systems and the information processed including monitoring of actual vs. financial percent completes, tracking employee hours charged to projects on a weekly basis, and cross-checking sub-consultant/subcontractor invoices/payments against the contract terms
- Maintain accurate records over the general ledger including monthly bank, credit card, and account reconciliations to identify and correct any errors
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close and preparation of financial statements, including journal entries, account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts
- Manage processes for projects with special requirements such as certified payroll, special reporting, etc.
- Process accounts payable
- Assist with audits and tax returns, and supply external auditors, tax preparers, and banks with relevant information
- Monitor and reconcile cash daily
- Support Accounting Manager with special projects
- Provide suggestions for proactive cost control improvements
- Escalate issues appropriately and in a timely matter to the Senior Accounting Manager and the Project Manager
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities, working in a cooperative team environment, which includes cross-training with coworkers
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent field
- 5+ years of experience in Project Accounting
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Experience in the A/E/C Industry
- Experience in Public Accounting
- Knowledge in Deltek Vision 7.3+ software
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.