Tatum Professional Search is assisting our client, a CPA firm, with their search for a Senior Auditor to be a key member of their team! This position requires a local candidate to be on-site four days per week. Great office environment, with excellent benefits!
location: Cockeysville, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
The Senior Auditor will be responsible for preparing financial statements with disclosures, applying basic areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position will also be involved in reviews and compilations.
- Perform diversified accounting and auditing assignments and various tax assignments under the direction of a supervisor, manager or partner while working to meet important deadlines
- Provide supervision and support to the engagement staff and promote open communication to the engagement supervisor, manager, and partner
- Prepare formal correspondence to clients for approval and signature by partners
- Act as a liaison between client and WCS team members to provide job status updates, issues, and potential problems in order to successfully complete the engagement in accordance with the client's expectations and WCS's commitment
- Begin acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty
- Keep abreast of the latest developments as they affect GAAP and the Firm's standards and policies
- Participate in the Firm's business development efforts including, but not limited to:
- Providing outstanding and timely service to clients
- Identifying and making partners aware of potential expanded services for clients
- Developing a referral network among professional peers
- Accompanying partners on business development calls
- Bachelor's and/or graduate's degree, with concentration in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of internal audit, SOX and/or external audit with Big 4 or publicly traded company experience preferred.
- Relevant professional license/certification required (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.).
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Deep knowledge of auditing standards and best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, and take initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and ability to execute assigned tasks within the budgeted time allotments.
- Proven ability to work effectively independently, and as a member of the team.
- Ability to develop and establish best practices.
skills: CPA, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Financial Service Auditor
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.