One DC's most reputable organizations seeks a Financial Analyst to join its central finance team. The Financial Analyst reports to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and is responsible for supporting the Director on institution-wide financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting, including drafting financial statements, presentations, charts and dashboards for the institution. The Analyst will assist in managing, verifying, and updating financial data and will utilize advanced analysis and data visualization skills to support information sharing across the institution. This is an excellent opportunity to develop strong financial analysis and planning skills while working at a high-impact organization.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Prepares, summarizes, updates, and verifies Institutional and program-level accounting and budget financial data, including but not limited to: 1) budgeted and actual revenue and expense, 2) direct and indirect allocation rates, 3) endowment revenue, 4) operating cash, 5) staffing, 6) capital expenses, 7) fund balances, and 8) other data and KPIs
- Consolidates and updates annual, quarterly, and monthly trackers, reports, and dashboards including 1) monthly actuals reports and dashboards, 2) monthly and quarterly financial status dashboards, 3) program reserve balance projections, 4) monthly and quarterly cash projections, 5) revenue reports and reconciliations, and 6) other trackers, reports, and dashboards as assigned
- Builds, updates, and verifies complex financial models including but not limited to: 1) variance analyses, 2) forecasts and projections, 3) scenario building, 4) trend analyses, 5) profit and loss statements, 6) return on investments, and 7) other analyses as assigned
- Assists in the consolidation budget and forecast submissions from programs, reviewing and verifying submission data and supporting materials for completeness, consistency, and accuracy
- Assists in preparation of materials for annual budget and monthly actuals review meetings with programs; responsible for quality control of financial data as well as formatting of all materials.
- Prepares, verifies, and updates budget, forecast, and actual data in SQL databases, ensuring data integrity and updating linked dashboards in data visualization software (currently Tableau)
- Creates, updates, verifies, and optimizes presentations of financial data in Excel and PowerPoint using advanced data visualization methods
- Supports the preparation of dashboards, presentations, analyses, and other materials for the Budget and Finance Committee meetings
- Helps with tool and process development throughout the year such as the budget templates, notes templates, maintenance of financial planning calendar documents, milestone tracking, dashboard and reporting templates
- Drafts written qualitative and descriptive analyses of financial data, critically assessing and summarizing key takeaways, variances, and issues
- Bachelor's degree required; accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Minimum one year of relevant work experience required.
- Experience with identifying critical information needs for decision support, pinpointing the sources of information and utilizing the financial systems or chosen technologies to present data through meaningful management reports required.
- Microsoft Office Suite required; advanced Excel skills required; advanced PowerPoint skills preferred; proficiency in data management software strongly preferred; familiarity with data visualization software preferred.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.