Senior Tax Accountant
Currently working with a dynamic publicly traded financial services company who is looking for a strong Senior Tax Accountant to work directly under the Director of Tax and support a more junior Tax Accountant. The Director is looking for an experienced person that can grow with the company and be ready for a Tax Manager role during their March 2024 promotion cycle in 17-18 months from start date. Will be involved in all aspects of Tax from provision, compliance, tax planning/projects, as well as some indirect taxes. Great hiring manager and mentor who grew from a similar role with the firm and has been promoted several times himself. Qualified candidates will have 3-6 years of tax experience out of public accounting or industry. Please apply for more information.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Senior Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax Accountant is a key contributor and provides critical support covering the overall tax function, working closely with all members of the Finance Team and collaborates with colleagues across the organization, as well as with third party consultants, and assists in the ongoing development of the Company's overall tax functions. This position supports compliance, accounting, reporting, and planning for all tax functions, including corporate income, insurance premium, and all other indirect taxes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare annual and interim income tax provisions in accordance with U.S. general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Assist in preparation of tax components of the annual report on Form 10-K and the quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, including footnotes and management's discussion and analysis.
- Lead preparation, review, and filing of income and premium tax returns in coordination with our third-party consultants.
- Prepare tax forms and workpapers for various tax filings including estimates, extensions, and all other state and local tax filings.
- Prepare and maintain account analyses, reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Maintain tax calendar ensuring all tax filing requirements are met.
- Respond to tax notices and provide audit support.
- Assist in development and execution of internal controls in accordance with SOX 404.
- Remain current with tax laws, accounting publications, and pronouncements.
- Perform ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Three to six years of tax experience, public company or public accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- CPA and/or MS in Tax preferred.
- Annual and interim income tax provision experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Experience with enterprise/GL systems a plus (e.g., Oracle ERP).
- Must possess attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-driven individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight deadlines.
skills: Tax Provision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.