Our Covington based client within the logistics industry is searching for an in-office Senior Accountant to perform varied accounting functions. This individual will be responsible for performing daily general accounting functions to properly state assets, liabilities, and record revenue and expenses. Please see below for a detailed job description.
location: Covington, Louisiana
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Preparation of monthly entries, financial records, account analyses, and reconcile the general ledger
- Prepare or review detailed monthly variance analyses to verify the integrity of monthly financial results
- Prepare detailed account reconciliations, develop complex models to support journal entries, create ad hoc financial analyses. Present recommendations and proposals to accounting leadership.
- Assist in maintaining detailed internal control documentation that supports both preparation of original work and review of subordinate work in accordance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the standards established by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Ensures all accounting policies and procedures are followed. Assists in the implementation of policies, procedures, and control enhancements as needed
- Collaborate with business unit to address variances in financial results
- Define and implement continuous improvement of financial and operational processes in order to maximize efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of reported financial results. Identify and implement self-audit programs to drive quality and reporting improvements
- Develop, test, and implement new systems, procedures, and controls as needed. Define processes and provide operational support in order to ensure standard procedures are documented and followed
- Analyze financial data, reports trends, and identify root causes of issues. Partner with business owners to develop and communicate recommendations for improvement actions
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2-3 years of combined audit and general accounting experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.