A Washington, DC based nonprofit organization focused on providing environmental and climate solutions seeks a Senior Accountant. The organization's goal is to help transform communities and cities around the world so they are using less energy and water, avoiding waste, and creating less environmental burden on their people.
The hands-on Senior Accountant position is primarily responsible for recording journal entries, reconciling accounts, and reviewing financial statements. Additionally, this position will support the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes, as well as the annual audit and preparation of IRS 990 form.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Perform and assist with month-end close by preparing monthly journal entries as specified by the month-end close calendar to include, but not limited to, various revenue streams and deferred schedules, including an understanding of ASC 606, recording OPEX accruals for all business units, understanding recognition of events and associated expenses, knowledge of grant accounting, etc.
- Record monthly investment account activities
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly account schedules and reconciliations assigned
- Participate in the yearly cross-departmental budget process to include uploading into software system
- Fully engage with the external annual audit and provide support, analysis, variance explanations and fluctuations
- Prepare and assist with the IRS 990 form filing
- Assist AR and AP team where needed, i.e., record miscellaneous JEs, guidance on accounting tasks, etc.
- Assist with other Finance projects and ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Recommend process improvements as warranted
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with spreadsheets
- Experience with accounting software
- Ability to review and evaluate operating procedures and recommend improvements
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment as part of a team
- Experience with IBM TM1 Cognos and SAP accounting software
- Previous work experience in a non-profit setting
- Full Time, permanent, salaried, benefits-eligible, exempt status
- Location: Remote or Washington, DC
Employees work for an established mission-based and member-driven nonprofit organization with a compelling vision, non-profit competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skill level, generous benefits package, 401(k) matching and comprehensive health insurance.
Salary range is $80,000 - 100,000 depending upon experience.
Send resume to email@example.com
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.