Performs all aspects of routine and non-routine microbiological testing of food and environmental samples.
location: Mount Prospect, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,360 - 39,520 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform microbiological analysis of food and environmental samples using conventional plating techniques as well as PCR and ELISA instrumentation.
- Identify microorganisms by microscopic examination of physiological and cultural
- Perform cultural confirmations for pathogens.
- Ensure accurate and complete traceability and documentation of testing activities performed, including LIMS result entry.
- Review result for accuracy and suitability prior to approval, initiating additional testing per client requests if required.
- Identify, communicate and document non-conformities with samples, instrumentation and methodologies, assisting with troubleshooting as assigned.
- When required, assist with method verification activities as directed by assigned staff.
- Perform routine and non-routine instrument maintenance and routine troubleshooting.
- Referring to LIMS, ensure client expectations for turnaround time are met, communicating with Lead Microbiologists and Supervisor on status or potential delays.
- Review of controlled documents and procedures
- For methods within area of responsibility, provide training for other laboratory staff.
- Participate in quality system activities, including maintenance of test and training records.
- Identify and assist with implementation of process improvements
- Adhere to lab safety procedures and reporting standards.
- Follow written Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned to assist with the operations of the lab.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Sciences, preferably Microbiology, plus 2 years in laboratory experience (or equivalent combination)
- Ability to distinguish colors as required for Microbiological testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team.
- Positive outlook with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.