Performs routine microbiological testing of food and environmental samples for under aseptic conditions for qualitative and quantitative parameters, focusing on sample preparation and plating responsibilities.
location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $33,280 - 37,440 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform sample set up, dilutions and plating activities on food and environmental samples following aseptic techniques and standard operating procedures.
- Perform equipment monitoring and verification on basic laboratory items such as balances, fridges, incubators, pipettes, etc.
- Identify, communicate and document non-conformities related to daily activities.
- Support routine laboratory operations through tasks such as sample archiving, media
preparation, cleaning and waste disposal.
- Ensure accurate and complete traceability and documentation of testing activities performed.
- Ensure samples are processed efficiently to meet client expectations for turnaround time.
- Support assigned staff with investigations and implementation of corrective actions performing activities as directed.
- Identify and assist with implementation of process improvements
- For responsibilities within area of responsibility, provide training for other laboratory staff.
- Adhere to lab safety procedures and reporting standards.
- Follow written Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned to assist with the operations of the lab
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum Associates Degree in Sciences or at least 2 years working in a commercial lab environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team.
- Positive outlook with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
skills: Sample Preparation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.