Family planning startup focused on the fast-growing field of fertility and family planning is looking to hire (1) highly skilled Laboratory Supervisor to start in February. The Laboratory Supervisor will be work the day-to-day operations of its San Mateo lab. The selected candidate should have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in physical, biological, chemical or animal sciences, have advanced wet lab experience, supervisorial lab experience (involving but not limited to the management of junior resources, material sourcing, problem escalation...), lastly the team needs someone with entrepreneurial spirit and ideally experience (e.g., project launch and management, team member recruitment and management, problem solving mindset...)
The company is building a complete digital health hub for future fathers and aims to change the outdated view that fertility is a "women's issue" by creating an accessible, affordable product for men. This includes everything from a mail-in kit for sperm testing & sperm freezing, personalized sperm improvement products, tele-health, DNA fragmentation analysis, supplements, and more.
location: San Mateo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Performance of semen analysis, sperm cryopreservation and sperm DNA fragmentation protocols among other lab methods which will be introduced in the future
- Help with validating the above protocols under the direction of the Laboratory Director
- Coordinate daily accession of samples
- Responsible for the training of lab technicians (with support from Laboratory Director)
- Responsible for implementation of quality control/quality assurance plans of the laboratory according to CLIA/COLA/CAP accreditation program
- Manage the materials inventory
- Coordinate transfer of specimens from and to the laboratory (short-term storage to long-term storage send-off to IVF clinics)
- Manage laboratory operations, guarantee the consistent and fail-proof processing of client samples
- Manage a team of lab technicians to complete lab processing work
- Responsible for handling the growth of lab operations
- 4 to 5 years of lab management (ideally in the field of male fertility)
- Andrology or a reproductive biology lab experience is preferred proven track record of wet lab experience and management with supporting references
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to rapidly detect lab operations roadblocks and propose solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent capacity to collaborate and coordinate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated track record of successes in getting things on time
skills: Clinical research, Biology, Chemistry, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.