Performs laboratory support responsibilities in a fast-paced production environment; preparation of microbiological samples & media, cleaning, waste disposal, and basic maintenance functions.
location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $31,200 - 33,280 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sterilize and dispose biohazardous waste according to established procedures.
- Prepare media and reagents to support microbiology testing, ensuring products are
documented, aliquoted, labelled and quality control specifications are met.
- Perform and document routine laboratory maintenance tasks such as sample archiving, basic equipment monitoring, waste disposal and cleaning (laboratory and labware).
- Assist Lab Techs in sample preparation and weighing of test items, as required.
- Adhere to lab safety procedures and reporting standards.
- Follow written Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- As needed, perform shipping/receiving duties and keep external/customer facing areas clear.
- Other duties may be assigned to assist with the operations of the lab.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Demonstrates ability to work with a team.
- Able to multitask.
- Positive outlook with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
skills: Sample Preparation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.